Department of Agriculture
Sukhjinder Group of Institutes at Dunera is considered as the best college for pursuing B.Sc agriculture in the department of agriculture. The college offers 4 year degree program to all the aspiring students who are keen to make their career in the agriculture field. We strive to impart the highest-quality education and teach the students with the required skills they need to get the high package in their hand.
It’s a 4 year degree program that covers a wide range of subjects, such as, Soil Science, Land Surveying, Agriculture Science, and Basics of Biotechnology, Animal and Poultry management and Water resource management. The objective of this program is to cover all the above mentioned topics to teach students about the importance of agriculture, ways of managing the products and finding ways for further development.
Scope of Job Opportunities
After the completion of this course, one will be able to work in both private and public sectors. Both the sectors offer a wide range of job opportunities for all the graduates who have done graduation in B.Sc in Agriculture.
While talking about government jobs:
- Banks recruit the graduates to fill the position of officer level.
- State agriculture department recruits the graduates to fill the position of officer level.
When it comes to private sector, graduates can opt to work as a:
- Manager at Plantations
- Officer at Food Processing units
- Officer at Agriculture products marketing firms
- Officer at Fertilizer manufacturing firms
- Officer at Agriculture Machinery industries
Our vision is to become the best institute for providing the quality education and farmer responsive training to all the students in the department of agriculture. We want to play a vital role in the development of Agriculture and Agro-Industry.
We aim to:
- Educate students with all the required concepts of agriculture and how to increase the productivity.
- Combine the knowledge of Technology, Biology and Agriculture Science to improve the agriculture productivity.
- Provide required training to all the students in the field of agriculture.
- Students must have passed 10+2 with minimum marks of 50% aggregate.
4 years long duration course